Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 10/11/10

(Hosted by BookJouney)

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This past week I participated in the Dewey Read-a-Thon and hosted a mini challenge-all of it was a first time for me! I am now addicted to it! I had so much fun! I can't wait until April. (It's in April...right?)

This past week I:
I didn't quite finish the Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens but I will. Good book even though there is a character or two in the book that irritate me.
I finished Which None Can Shut by Reema Good (for review). I hope to have my review up by the end of the week.
I also finished I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali (read for fun plus it is a true story and I love them true stories:)

Again, I had to return The Freedom Writers by Erin Gruwell before I finished it. Errrrrr! I swear the next time I get it from the library I will finish it in time!
I didn't get to finish Julie and Julia by Julie Powell either. Errrr! I will though. I will.....*sigh*

This week:
I did start on Top 5 Questions To Ask Your Doctor by Jim Sutton and Sagar Nigwekar.

And:
I am also going to get started on The Reflections of Light for Daily Living: A Book of Affirmations for the Ambitious by Dr. Brown. I am giving a review for this on the 19 of this month with a possible giveaway or two.
I also want to finish reading Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make a Difference by Max Lucado. (for review)
I am hoping to get a couple more reads done this week but we will see how it goes.
A little bit of a busy reading week for me but I don't really mind since I seem to have been in a bit of a reading slump lately that I think I may have FINALLY gotten out of! Yay! Don't you hate it when that happens?
What do you think causes reading slumps and how do you get out of them?

Anyway, have a great day all!

2 comments:

sheisreading said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog. I hope you get those books finished this week! I just realized Jellicoe Road is overdue, I've already renewed it, and I'm not done!! Poo.

Heather

Elisha German said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by:) Thank you, so do I. I haven't heard about Jellicoe Road. Who is it by? I hope you get to finish it before it's due back! Good luck with that!