Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday 10/26/10

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
As I said yesterday, "if my book comes in the mail this week, I will be adding another book to my reads this week." 
Well it came yesterday: A Year with God by R. P. Nettlehorst. So I have added it as my read for the week. I hope that it doesn't take me any longer than two weeks to get it read. It isn't quite 400 pages so I figure if I read 25 pages at least I can get it read no problem.
So here are my three teasers:
A Year with God by R. P. Nettlehorst:
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Ever since Adam and Eve's disobedience,  human beings have begun their relationship with God through fear, thanks to their guilty consciences.
Page 20, from Day 1; entitled He Did It!






Permanent Obscurity by Dolores Santana (as told by Richard Perez):
But then I just felt numb. "Right now I'm tired of typing." Which was the truth.
"Time to log off."
And I did. Abruptly.
F him.
Page 148



 
Vexation by Elicia Clegg:
After Lane was completely sure that Devin was gone, he continued his journey down one more street. A new kind of leer was on his face as he saw Dawn sitting in her car, looking angry; she always looked angry, though this was always what made her so dammed easy to manipulate.
Page 205

2 comments:

Su-sieee! Mac said...

The title itself, "A Year With God" has me intrigued. Thanks!
Su-sieee! Mac
This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

Elisha German said...

Su-sieee! Mac- It is intriguing:) I'm glad you liked it:) Thanks for stopping by:)