Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pam of Babylon by Suzanne Jenkins #1 REVIEW

Pam of Babylon


**Warning readers! Mature content. Please read the entire description.**

The first in a series of four books.

Pam Smith lives an idyllic life on Long Island, waiting for her husband to return home each weekend from the city, until she gets the phone call every wife dreads. Jack's had a heart attack on the train. She rushes to his side only to discover he's dead, and his girlfriend got there first.

Jack Smith's death opens up a Pandora's Box of secrets and lies, the worst not his infidelity. Themes of sisterhood and sexual abuse run through the book 



 When I first read the synopsis of this book, I couldn't wait to get it into my hands. Because it was about a woman who deals w grief then more turmoil with a few wrenches thrown in. You would have thought that it was enough grief to get a call that your husband just had a heart attack only to get to the hospital and find out the worst. But the worst doesn't stop there.
And I loved that that Pam didn't react or treat the situation as I might have. Which is something I love about reading, it opens your eyes to other perspectives and new/different ways of thinking. With all the crap that is thrown her way, she handles it with forgiveness and compassion. I wanted her to scream and at times I was mad at her for how she handled it...because she didn't handle it the way I would have.  
And they strength this woman has, she herself doesn't realize what she is capable of doing or handling. She has to come to terms with so much and seems to do it with an at times quiet grace.

I could not wait, to get a hold of the rest of the books ;) I highly recommend this book, it's a great anytime of the year book.






                                                  I received this book for review from Pump Up Your Book/The Author



To get your copy of PAM OF BABYLON by Suzanne Jenkins at Amazon

Pick up your copy of PAM OF BABYLON by Suzanne Jenkins at Barnes & Noble

Learn more about Suzanne Jenkins

Suzanne Jenkins’ blog

Suzanne Jenkins on Twitter

Like Suzanne Jenkins on Facebook 



No comments: