Friday, December 29, 2017

A Forest, a Flood, and an Unlikely Star (Rwendigo Tales) by J. A. Myhre, Acacia Masso (Illustrator) **Review**

A Forest, a Flood, and an Unlikely Star (Rwendigo Tales)


The Adventure of a Lifetime

Ten-year-old Mu, orphaned as a toddler, has lived his entire life in the heart of Africa. For as long as he can remember, he has served in the household of a great-uncle where he is unloved and ignored. In his drudgery-filled life, Mu has little hope of happiness and little hope that anything will ever change. But one day everything does change. On his way to draw water one morning, Mu is astonished when a chameleon greets him by name and announces that they will embark on a quest together. And what a quest it turns out to be! Mu faces danger and finds unexpected allies as they journey through an everchanging landscape. Through his adventure, Mu learns many things about himself. Along with Mu, you will walk through Africa, encountering good and evil. Read carefully and you just may find out who you are too.

For 8-14 year olds

Review:
My daughter just turned 8 a few months ago. She had such fun reading this book with me. The story was clearly developed  in the prior books but it was still a lot of fun to read this book and with my daughter. I loved the morals that were in this story too. It was fun to see my daughter get involved in the story-line and see the bravery and courage in the characters. I thought it was neat how the one animal that is perceived as intelligent doesn't speak but uses other means to communicate, like Harpo Marx! All in all, this was a great story that I completely enjoyed, my daughter loved, and I look forward to reading the two previous books (even though this could be read as a stand a lone).

No comments: